'Plans for Scotland’s Census 2021’ (pdf) published on Thursday 27 September, 2018 lays out proposals for how the census will be conducted and the questions it will ask.
The next census will be conducted primarily online, making the best use of technology and digital services. The plans include our on-going programme of stakeholder engagement, question development and testing.
Topic Reports and supporting documents
To support our planned approach to delivering Scotland's Census 2021, we have published a number of Topic Reports and supporting documents. These reports are a follow-up to the Scotland's Census 2021 Topic Consultation and describe our on-going programme of question development, testing and engagement with key stakeholders:
- Housing and Accommodation Topic Report (0.89MB pdf)
- Housing and Accommodation – Rooms and Bedrooms Topic Report (0.55MB pdf)
- Housing and Accommodation – Central Heating Topic Report (0.87MB pdf)
- Housing and accommodation – Tenure and Landlord Topic Report (0.93MB pdf)
- Labour Market Topic Report (0.93MB pdf)
- Voluntary and Unpaid Work Topic Report (0.44MB pdf)
- Ex-Service Topic Report (0.84MB pdf)